Designer Village and Catwalk shows – Saturday 29th October
Spice up your Saturday enjoying a fashion-packed show while sitting on the velvet thrones at Cardiff Masonic Hall….
Catwalk Shows- 1pm, 3pm and 5pm
- See the latest trends with designer collections from a range of Welsh designers including ASOS Young Designer winner Kai Stewart of Jaxxon House right through to former Miss World first runner up and now accessories designer Sophie Moulds.
- From House of Fraser to The Square, discover the high street fashions you need for the season.
- Experience a unique array of designs from the fashion students at University of South Wales as they unveil their collection of genderless fashion, ‘SELF’.
- Enjoy the music score created by Cardiff and Vale Vale College – complete with the sound of Maserati engines – which will set the tempo and accompany the models with the latest beats
- Meet Capital FM presenter Polly James who will be hosting the catwalk shows
Standard tickets are £10
VIP tickets are £15 giving you a front row seat and gift
Designer Village- door open at 12pm
Entrance to the village is free so come and down and discover:
- Exclusive discounts with brands you love
- A chance to get a piece of unique fashion with our designer market
- Advice from skincare and beauty experts
- Live demonstrations from dancers to barbers
- Love your Clothes’ Fashion Master Classes
- Tips & Tricks 12pm-1pm
- Shirt Up-Cycling 1:30pm -3pm
- Fashion Fixed 3:30pm -5pm
The Chapel 1877 is the official after-show venue so grab a cocktail or glass of bubbly before or after the shows to make this a truly unique day.
See what else is happening in the week:
Ty Hafan Up Cycle Challenge – Saturday 1st October and Saturday 29th October
Budding designers from across Wales have been transforming bin bags of clothes from the Ty Hafan charity shops. The winning designs from the challenge will be displayed in a live shop window at Ty Hafan’s Emporium shop in Morgan Arcade on Saturday 1 October and will go in a live auction to raise funds for the charity at the CFW catwalk shows and designer village on Saturday 29 October.
Dress The Boss – Friday 14th October
CFW is working in conjunction with Ty Hafan on a fundraising campaign to update the looks of bosses in Wales! The organisations involved are raising money to make sure it’s their boss who’s chosen to be made over thanks to Cardiff Fashion Week and House of Fraser.
The Model March – Saturday 22nd October
Our traditional model walk around Cardiff City Centre on Saturday 22 October dropping in on all the partners, sponsors and businesses involved in Cardiff Fashion week.
VIP launch – Monday 24th October
Invitation only. A select launch at our sponsors Maserati on Penarth Road to welcome in Cardiff Fashion Week on Monday 24 October.
Love Your Clothes – Saturday 22nd October – Saturday 29th October
Love Your Clothes aims to reduce the environmental impact of clothing by raising awareness of the value of clothes and encouraging people to think about the way they buy, use and dispose of their clothing. Every year an estimated £140 million worth (around 350,000 tonnes) of used clothing goes to landfill in the UK. Love Your Clothes provides tips, guides and inspiration to fix, upcycle and care for clothes and give them a little more love and will be staging a variety of activities throughout Cardiff Fashion Week.
Get involved with their FREE workshops:
- Have you ever seen five tonnes of clothing? Head down to the Capitol Centre to see a real fashion statement
- Make sustainable Halloween costumes and accessories at the Capitol Centre to see a real fashion statement
- Make an Upcyled infinity scarf, 10:30am- 12:30pm at the Capitol Shopping Centre, Queen Street
- Sewing workshops with Helen Gubb from The Stichery, 1:30pm-3:30pm at the Capitol Shopping Centre, Queen Street
- T-shirt upcycling workshop, 10:30am -12:30pm at the Capitol Shopping Centre, Queen Street
- Re-style and upcycle Men’s shirts, 1:30pm – 3:30pm at the Capitol Shopping Centre, Queen Street
- Transform Your Trousers Workshop, 6:30pm-8:30pm at Plasnewydd Community Centre, 2 Shakespeare St, Roath
- Clothes repair surgery 10am – 4pm at the Capitol Shopping Centre, Queen Street
- Sewathon with Oxfam, 11am- 6pm at the he Castle Emporium, Womanby Street, Cardiff
- Pockets and Patches Workshop 6:30pm- 8pm at Plasnewydd Community Centre, 2 Shakespeare St, Roath
- Make your own reusable tote bag from upcyled clothes 10:30am-12:30pm at the Capitol Shopping Centre, Queen Street
- Denim upcycling workshop 12pm-2pm at The Castle Emporium, Womanby St, Cardiff
- Customise your clothes, 3pm – 5pm at The Castle Emporium, Womanby St, Cardiff
- Collars and Cuffs Workshop, 6:30pm-8pm at The Pelican Nursery, Crofts St, Cardiff
- Shirt upcyling, 10:30am – 12:30pm at the Capitol Shopping Centre, Queen Street
- Collars and Cuffs Workshops, 1:30pm -3:30pm at the Capitol Shopping Centre, Queen Street
- Denim upculing, 12pm – 2pm at The Castle Emporium, Womanby St, Cardiff
- Customise your clothes, 3pm-5pm at The Castle Emporium, Womanby St, Cardiff
Saturday 29th at The Designer Village, Masonic Hall
- Fashion master class: Tips & Tricks 12pm-1pm
- Fashion master class: Shirt Up-Cycling 1:30pm -3pm
- Fashion master class: Fashion Fixed 3:30pm -5pm