In October 2012, the first official Cardiff Fashion Week launched in the city to celebrate and showcase the excellent retail product on offer.
As the first of its kind the event enjoyed support from many different sectors and organisations, including:
- Financial and marketing support from Cardiff Council, St David’s Shopping Centre, Mermaid Quay and NCP.
- In kind support from a cross section of retailers including Debenhams, John Lewis, House of Fraser, M&S and independent stores.
- Media partnerships from Media Wales and Capital Radio
- Advise from Cardiff Metropolitan University
- The impact of Cardiff Fashion Week 2012
- Marketing campaign, including £50K media partnership package from Media Wales, reaching in excess of 2 million people.
- City dressing creating brand awareness to 2 million shoppers over a three-week period.
- Web and social media campaign reaching 4,000 unique visitors during Cardiff Fashion Week.
- 30 independently organised in-store Cardiff Fashion Week events
- The first Cardiff Retail Awards, held at the prestigious St David’s Hotel in Cardiff Bay and adjudicated by Cardiff Metropolitan University.
Benefits of sponsorship
Cardiff Fashion Week will create a platform from which the product sponsor is profiled as a key supporter of Cardiff Fashion Week. Benefits will include:
- Brand association with Cardiff Fashion Week and high-end retailers
- Promotion to a predominately female market, ABC1, age profiling 16 to 65 years
- Advert opportunity (to be confirmed, depending on sponsor’s profile) within the Cardiff Fashion Week media campaign
- High profile presence on Cardiff Fashion Week web site for one year.
- Four social media campaigns (details of which to be confirmed, depending on sponsor’s own social media strategy) within a one year period
- Bespoke PR opportunity for sponsors in conjunction with Cardiff Fashion Week activity.
- Twenty tickets for customers to attend the Retailer Showcase Fashion Shows
£2000 + VAT